GoodSeed Canada is in immediate need of a Business Manager to be based in the Olds, Alberta office.
- Provide accounting support for governmental, auditorial and operational reporting.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and maintained.
- Conduct financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction analysis, and operations.
- Oversee all areas of the finance department, including its bookkeeping personnel.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain banking compliance and relationships.
- Participate in the capital development program (e.g., planned giving).
- Assist with cost accounting and pricing.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
The Finance Manager candidate should have education in finance or accounting, or equivalent business work experience. Experience in Not-for-Profit Charity accounting is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with the CA, CMA, CGA designations and/or Not-for-Profit Charity accounting experience. Should have a working knowledge of spreadsheets such as Excel. A working knowledge of QuickBooks is also a plus. Must be a team player, able to work with others.
Location and Hours
Location is at the GoodSeed Canada office in Olds, AB. Though the job has full-time potential, right now we need a minimum commitment of 16 hours a week. May need to travel occasionally to Coeur d’ Alene, ID (GoodSeed USA) to coordinate accounting with that office.
Oversees the Finance Department and its bookkeeping personnel.
As with all GoodSeed staff, this position is not salaried. Applicants are either self-supported or must develop a team of partners who will financially support him or her in the job.
Starting date is immediate or as soon as possible.
If you are interested, please contact us.